It's a Jungle out there

It's a Jungle out there

Recent Additions to the Art Gallery

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How Jan's Artsy Gallery Got Started

(Picture by Bryanna, aged 7 at time of creation)

I have always loved it when my grandkids visited me. We did the usual, fun stuff like go for walks, watch Movies, craft, color, paint and play games.

Over the years I have been the recipient of many wonderful creative gifts from my sweet grandkids in the form of drawings, colored pictures and paintings. Most of them have “I Love You Grandma” on the back, which fills me with nostalgia each time I read those words. 


Many years ago now, when one of my granddaughters was bored and we needed something new, we sat down on the computer and started creating a new kind of picture with Microsoft Paint. We made one picture using the free software on my computer, which was a very rudimentary picture with lots of colors. And that was how our computer art began!                       


After that first computer picture, painting with MS Paint became a favorite new thing for us to do together. I even painted some of my own, secretly, after the kids went home! It's been fun and we enjoyed being creative together.


Eventually, the kids grew up and began spending more time with their friends, which was about the same time my PC started becoming obsolete. (I now do everything on my iPad.) Even though we no longer sit down together to create our art on paper (which I added just recently to this blog) or paint with MS paint, I’m sure glad I have these memories of the creative time I spent with my grandkids when they were younger.  I sure miss those days!


This is our Art Gallery full of love and fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment